Do you love or loathe online shopping? Personally, as a working mum it ticks a lot of boxes for me – not having to drag two toddlers around the shops topping the list!
A question I get asked a lot from people who haven’t yet embraced online shopping is how to ensure the item/s you’re buying are exactly right. No one wants to head down the dreaded (and sometimes expensive) ‘returns’ path, so here are some tips I always use when shopping online (from my couch, in my pyjamas, glass of wine in hand).
1. Know your measurements – bust, waist and hips.
2. Check the size guide on the website – you may need to size up or down from your regular size – every brand is different.
3. Check out the fabric details. I’m no fabric expert, but I’ll always check to see if the fabric that I’m looking at buying matches that of a garment I already own.
4. Read the reviews.
5. Check the returns policy. Some websites offer free returns or in-store returns where others don’t.
There are some fabulous online shopping sites out there – here are a few of my faves:
- Siren Swimwear has an amazing concept called Ship the Shop where for $199 you can choose 5 pairs of swimmers to be delivered for you to try in your own home! Choose as many as you like from those 5 to keep and send the rest back in the prepaid parcel they include in your package.
- Walnut Melbourne make it so easy to buy shoes online – simply measure your foot and match it to their size guide. They also have Style Fit Notes to let you know which styles are a narrow or wide fit.
- Witchery have a free in store returns policy within 14 days of delivery. You can also return by post, but that will incur a postage fee.
- The Iconic have an awesome 100 day free returns policy – return delivery paid for too! They even offer free postage for orders over $50.
Where is your favourite place to shop online?